ORNAMENTAL PLANTS AND PRODUCTS EXPORTERS ASSOCIATION
Ornamental Plants and Products Exporters Association is the only Exporters Association in Turkey, which represents all the ornamental plants exporters. Association is making activities within the presence of Central Anatolian Exporters Association (www.oaib.org.tr), centered in Ankara.
Association was founded in 1999 to represent and support the Turkish ornamental plants sector, in order to achieve sustainable and competitive development in exports. Association has more than 500 members of ornamental plants exporters in Turkey.
- With the capacity to produce ornamental plants in highlands of Turkey, production and export season has been increased to 12 months. The production in the highland area allows to export cut flowers year round to the markets.
- Ornamental plants are produced in 4858 ha of area in Turkey.
- There are nearly 3500 endemic plant species in Turkish flora.
- Ornamental plants export from Turkey increased to 84.8 million US dollars in 2017.
- Turkish ornamental plants are exported to 65 countries in the world.
- Ornamental plants industry in Turkey has an important role by supplying high added value (95%) to the economy.
- In Turkey, approximately 25.000 people are directly employed in the industry. Including domestic market, more than 300.000 people are indirectly employed. Ornamental plants industry is playing an important role in providing more cohesion to the social structure in the country, through employment of unskilled workers and providing them with accommodation and education opportunities.
Sectoral target is to achieve 500 million US dollars of export and to provide employment 300.000 people directly, by the time we reach 2023.